Saturday, April 17, 2010

Comic Book Media: Final Project Idea










I started reading Elfquest when I was 14, and it has been one of my major influences. Wendy Pini's linework is very intricate and detailed, every character is uniquely designed, and each page is beautifully composed. The story is wonderful too. I wasn't able to post any actual pages from the comics, but they're all here: http://www.elfquest.com/gallery/OnlineComics3.html






I'm a big fan of fantasy creatures, especially fairies and goblins, and Brian Froud is one of the best fairy artists around.



After sorting through many story ideas, I finally settled on one. Geoffrey, a young peasant, is told by a couple of noblemen that he is actually the long lost son of a lord, and they have been looking all over for him since he was betrothed to a princess when he was young. But after he marries the princess and they move into their little island castle together, he discovers that she is violently insane and that he isn't actually a lord's son at all-- it was all just a ploy by the princess' family to get rid of her. So here he is, trapped in this spooky castle with a crazy girl. . . what will he do?

I still need to figure out how long it will be and whether or not to try to color it. One thing I really want to work on is sticking to a consistent character design.

No comments:

Post a Comment